This course is designed to familiarize entry-level nursing students with the basic information they need to know to keep themselves and their patients safe in the clinical setting. It covers such topics such as hand-washing, PPE, isolation precautions, body mechanics and other aspects of safety in the clinical environment.
- You must watch each of the videos in their entirety and in order. Please do not skip ahead.
- There is a post-test for the COVID addendum portion of the modules and you must pass it with at least an 80 in order to receive credit for that section.
- Allow 2 hours for completion of all modules and the post-test.
- Once you have completed the modules and received your certificate of completion, please make arrangements to complete the in-person skills portion of the Nurse-Patient Safety Course by scheduling a time slot on the Canvas calendar.
- Please do not sign up for the skills demonstration until you have completed all of the online modules!